In a recent interview with Temisan Barber, an international campaign director, program coordinator, and entrepreneur, we delved into his remarkable journey of supporting women in Nigeria, particularly those facing educational limitations. Temisan’s dedication to this cause stems from his belief in the transformative power of education. Let’s explore his impactful work and glean insights from his experiences.
- Duration of Campaign Work: Temisan Barber has been actively involved in campaign work since 2011, initially faith-based. In 2012, he expanded his efforts to empower women, drawing inspiration from biblical stories highlighting the importance of women.
- Overcoming Challenges: Temisan shared moments of discouragement, citing instances where bureaucratic obstacles threatened the success of their campaigns. Despite challenges, his unwavering trust in a higher purpose and love for his mission kept him resilient.
- Advice for Aspiring Change-makers: His advice includes trusting in a higher power, seeking mentorship, and navigating challenges with resilience. Temisan emphasizes the importance of learning from the experiences of others, even if direct mentorship is not feasible.
- Mentorship Stance: While Temisan doesn’t see himself as a traditional mentor, he remains open to providing advice, support, and guidance to those seeking to make a positive impact.
- Personal Enjoyments: Beyond his impactful work, Temisan finds joy in playing golf and engaging in cross-country motorbike rides. His love for adventure has taken him to 26 countries around the world. Conclusion: The interview provided a glimpse into the life and work of Temisan Barber, showcasing his commitment to empowering women through education and his unyielding faith. His story serves as an inspiration for aspiring change-makers, emphasizing the importance of perseverance, trust, and a supportive community.